A/S Filmfabriken Danmark
By Jan Nielsen
Among the smaller actors in the Danish silent film-era was Det Skandinavisk-Russiske Handelshus (The Scandinavian-Russian Trading House), which in 1913 changed its name to A/S Filmfabriken Danmark. If name does not sound familiar it is because film historians have neglected to account for it. That has now been done – and not just that! With Jan Nielsen's 992 pages long "A/S Filmfabriken Danmark" it is now this silent film company we know the most about.
Doctorate dissertation, defended at Copenhagen University in 2005